Produced by Asking for Trouble & Critical Stages
Created & Performed by Christy Flaws and Luke O’Connor
Technician / Stage Manager Brendan Jellie
FoRT is a circus/physical theatre production, which delves into the art of play and the creation of worlds from everyday objects.
Two strange characters appear hunting for whispers of adventure. In a series of vignettes a couch, table, cushions, sheets and broomsticks transform into rockets, trampolines, cliffs and tents… places to explore. Images appear and disappear. FoRT is full of ridiculous clowning, spectacular acrobatics, poetic visual imagery and celebrates the kind of creative genius that has been known to turn lounge rooms into volcanoes, trees into castles and cardboard boxes into racing cars.
“Can’t tell you how excited we are to have FoRT touring next year – every kid in Victoria should see this brilliant show.” -Suzi Cordell, RAV Education & Families
Available to Tour
Theatre for Children & Families, Physical Theatre, Visual Theatre
Ideally suited for ages 3- 10
6m width, 5m depth, 4m height
The Garden of Unearthly Delights – Adelaide Fringe 2017 & 2018 seasons
Victorian Schools Tour – 2017 & 2018 RAV Education & Families
Poppykettle Festival – 2017, Geelong Performing Arts Centre
Art is Festival – 2016, Horsham Town Hall Theatre
What People Are Saying
Best Children’s Event – Adelaide Fringe Week 3 Award Winner
“Personally I liked the acrobatics the most! I find it amazing when you guys made imaginary items with the objects around you! Overall I thought your act was amazing!”— Zafirah, Audience member. Art Is… Festival, Horsham 2016
“We were all mesmerised by your acrobatic skills and thrilled to follow the entertaining mini story lines woven into the performance. We will enjoy a great discussion this week revisiting Fort. ” Grade 5 and 6 at Dimboola. — Art Is… Festival, Horsham 2016
2020 Tour Dates
2020 Tour Dates
All 2020 touring dates have been postponed.
Touring in 2021
Tour dates to be announced soon!
Good to Know
* Perfectly suited for Families, Children (in particular 3-10 year olds) who like to build Cubbies, Forts etc. Fans of Dora the Explorer or Squishy Taylor and any Circus and contemporary clown audiences.
* Parents interested in encouraging imaginative non screen/ technology based play.
* FoRT is visual/physical theatre and is ideal for non English speaking communities.
* We are also interested in opportunities to pair tours of this show with Asking for Trouble’s latest show, The Bottle Collector, as well as residencies for the company permitting either repeat or longer stays in your town or community.
Both Luke and Christy are exceptional workshop facilitators with over 12 years experience each. They can tailor workshops to suit a large range of participants including:
- Primary aged students
- Secondary aged students
- PD’s for teachers, artists and social workers who work with youth
- Master classes for professional performers.
Workshop content can focus on Circus Skills Development, Physical Movement for non-dancers, Devising, Physical Theatre, Improvisation and Clowning.
Additional resources and activities
There is an education kit available for teachers.
Post-show Q&As can be arranged on request.